Save valuable time for applicants and reviewers with a grant qualification process
You’ve just closed your application process. As your team does its initial evaluation, a trend seems to be emerging. You have quite a few good applications…and quite a few that are not aligned to your funding priorities. Now, not only do you have more applications to review and respond to, agencies doing good work in the community spent a lot of time completing an application for funding has no chance of getting funded and making that time investment worth it.
Does this sound familiar? It doesn’t have to happen to you!
Qualifying agencies and programs before they start an application can save you, and agencies in your community, valuable time.
Is a qualification process right for you? Here are some questions to consider:
• Are you regularly receiving applications that do not meet your requirements for funding?
• Do you have specific minimum criteria that agencies must have to be eligible for funding?
• Do programs need to be able to adhere to certain conditions?
• When you look at an application for the first time, are there two or three key points that will immediately knock a request out of the pool for consideration?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, incorporating qualification should be on your radar! Not sure where to start in implementing this process? Let’s look at just a few example questions to get the ideas flowing:
• Is your agency a 501(c)(3) non-profit in good standing with the IRS?
• Does your agency provide services to individuals/families within this organization’s geographic funding area?
• Has your agency been in continuous operation for at least 2 years?
• Does your program have a system in place to track and share performance results aligned to this organization’s priorities?
• Has your agency’s budget presented a deficit in the past 2 years?
• Does your agency have an active Board of Directors in place that meets regularly?
The list could go on (and on!). Here is the big question for you to ask yourself: What is the threshold criteria that absolutely must be met to consider funding an applicant? Answer that question and you’ve got your qualification process!
What’s even better than having a process in place to ensure the right applications are coming through your door? A system that makes it a cinch! e-CImpact has you covered:
• Qualification forms for agencies and programs to gauge whether an applicant is a proper fit
• Automated approvals and denials based on your criteria to save you time
• Unrivaled support to ensure your taken care of every step of the way!
Are you ready for a first-rate grant and impact management system backed by top-notch support? Learn how having e-CImpact in your community investment toolbox can help your organization by reaching out to the Seabrooks team at email@example.com.