How many times have you found yourself completing a tedious task and thinking, “Well, that’s 30 minutes I will never get back!”? It’s probably more times than you can remember.
Having the right tools and systems to alleviate those time-consuming tasks can be a game changer. Your grant management system should rank right up there in your efficiency-enhancing, impact-advancing assets.
Let’s take a look at just a few ways you can leverage your grant management system to get that precious time back to create even more positive impact!
• Applicant registration: If you are tired of being a gatekeeper, let your system do the heavy lifting. Require contact information, mission statements, and a valid EIN, then let your system create a new applicant profile for you.
• Access to funding opportunities: Take the pain out of assigning applicants to an application by automatically approving them. Allow applicants to access a specific funding opportunity instantly, after meeting your specific requirements.
• Evaluator agreements and conflicts of interest: Prompt evaluators to agree to your standards, identify the applicants they should not be assigned to review due to a conflict of interest, and let the system auto-assign applications based on these entries.
• Email notifications: Have your system keep you, your applicants, and your evaluators up to date with automated and scheduled notifications. Whether it is an automatic confirmation of a submitted application or a scheduled reminder that a report is due, using your system’s set-it-and-forget-it communication features to their full capacity will save you a ton of time.
• Data and Reports: Keeping co-workers, committee members, and evaluators informed of status and impact can take a lot of time. Tap your system to aggregate impact data, automatically average evaluation scores, and so much more. You can even schedule application status reports to be sent to those who need the information most.
We’ve only scratched the surface on ways your grant management and impact system can take those tedious tasks off your to-do list.